The power to change your health for the better is in your hands.
You can improve your health, one bite at a time. Learn about the power of vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains to prevent and even reverse chronic disease.
Are you ready to get healthy?
Every journey starts somewhere. Let your journey to optimum health start here.
Food For Life
Food for Life is an award-winning nutrition education and cooking class program that provides an innovative approach to diet-related chronic diseases. Since 2001, Food for Life has been a pioneer in delivering hands-on information about the direct role of plant-based nutrition in health and disease prevention to communities around the world.
Designed by physicians, nurses, and registered dietitians, Food for Life promotes healthful eating based on the latest scientific research. Each Food for Life class includes:
- Specific information about how certain foods and nutrients work to promote or discourage disease
- Cooking demonstrations of delicious and healthful recipes
- Practical cooking skills and tips for incorporating healthful eating habits into daily life
- A supportive and motivational atmosphere to empower participants to take charge of their health with the foods that are put on their plates
You’ve got this.
Our mission is to teach people how the power of a healthy lifestyle and whole-food, plant-based nutrition can lead to optimal wellbeing.
We’re here to help.
“The primary reason diseases tend to run in families may be that diets tend to run in families.” — Dr. Michael Greger, MD
You are on the right track.
The Food for Life: Employee Wellness Program helps to create a culture of health and wellness benefiting employees at work and at home. It consists of the same elements proven to be successful in the Physicians Committee’s Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) study, which found that companies that offer employees a low-fat, plant-based diet in the office can help workers lose weight and improve diabetes.
The program offers:
- Weekly sessions for workers, consisting of nutrition education, cooking demonstrations, food samples, and supportive group discussions
- Support for the employer’s food service provider to incorporate healthful food options into the menu
- Guidance on healthful dining out choices, if there is no employer food service provider
“People generally want to be healthier, but sometimes they don’t know where to begin. If the employer supports those healthy goals, it’s a real gift.”
— Dr. Neal Barnard, MD
Featured Class Topics
- Power on Your Plate
- Let’s Go!
- Getting in Gear
- Breaking the Food Seduction
- Keys for Natural Appetite Control
- Digestive Health
- Introduction to How Food Fight Cancer
- Introduction to How Foods Fight Diabetes
- Healthy Blood Pressure
Are you interested in encouraging healthy eating habits in your workplace?
Salette Andrews, MS
I’m a veteran, mother, wife, small business owner, grandmother, and licensed Food for Life Instructor with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Contact me at:
Follow Me On
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Don’t miss out on any delicious content!