The Food for Life: Employee Wellness Program helps to create a culture of health and wellness benefiting employees at work and at home. It consists of the same elements proven to be successful in the Physicians Committee’s Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) study, which found that companies that offer employees a low-fat, plant-based diet in the office can help workers lose weight and improve diabetes.
The program offers:
- Weekly sessions for workers, consisting of nutrition education, cooking demonstrations, food samples, and supportive group discussions
- Support for the employer’s food service provider to incorporate healthful food options into the menu
- Guidance on healthful dining out choices, if there is no employer food service provider
“People generally want to be healthier, but sometimes they don’t know where to begin. If the employer supports those healthy goals, it’s a real gift.”
— Dr. Neal Barnard, MD
Featured Class Topics
- Power on Your Plate
- Let’s Go!
- Getting in Gear
- Breaking the Food Seduction
- Keys for Natural Appetite Control
- Digestive Health
- Introduction to How Food Fight Cancer
- Introduction to How Foods Fight Diabetes
- Healthy Blood Pressure
Are you interested in encouraging healthy eating habits in your workplace?